This information has been prepared by the FDTC Civics Education Sub-Committee
Preliminary Election on Tuesday, September 26, 2017
City Election, on Tuesday, November 7, 2017
1. Voter registration and Polling Precincts
- Voter registration deadline for the Preliminary City Election has closed.
- Voter registration deadline for the Final City Election: Wednesday, October 18, 2017, by 8 pm.
- Go to the MA Secretary of State’s Election page
See Where Do I Vote? and Am I Registered to Vote?
- You can register online or in person at the Town Clerk’s office, Room 105, in the Memorial Building. If you have moved into Framingham or within Framingham since the last election, it is more efficient to change your address at the Town Clerk’s office.
2. Preliminary City Election
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Polls open 7 am – 8 pm
- Go to http://www.framinghamma.gov/215/Town-Clerk, see “Polling Location/Voter Registration Status”
Voting in Framingham will be at the normal precinct polling places even though the city election is by districts made by combining two precincts. All contests that have more than two candidates for each slot available will appear on the Preliminary Election ballot.
3. Final City Election
- Voter registration deadline: Wednesday, October 18, 2017, by 8 pm
- Final City Election is Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at the designated precinct polling places. Polls are open 7 am – 8 pm.
4. Absentee Ballots
- You can download an Absentee Ballot Application here.
- Additionally, you may file an application in person at the Town Clerk’s office, or vote there until September 25, 2017, for the Preliminary Election. In October, the Town Clerk will have further information regarding availability of absentee ballots for the Final City Election on November 7, 2017.
5. Election Day Concerns
- Go to the League of Women Voters’ Election Day Information web page.
- Call the League of Women Voter hotlines:
1-888-VE-Y-VOTA (en Español)
1-888-API-VOTE (Asian multilingual assistance)
- Voting machines are available for those who are visually or hearing impaired.